Last Sunday I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with Harlie and Mckenzie during their engagement session, which was included in their wedding package. We had an absolute blast during the session, which was FULL of laughs!
Harlie and Mckenzie have known each other a long time because her mom and his dad used to high school rodeo together. Due to this, their families have pretty much always known each other. During Harlie's freshman year, which was Mckenzie's sophomore year, they were in Spanish class together. On May 29th, right after school released for summer break, they began dating. Their first date was to the local Chinese restaurant in Mexia...more than likely :) Harlie said that was almost six years ago so she could be wrong :)
Harlie and Mckenzie's wedding will take place in Thornton. The chose that location because it's really relaxed and close to family. As far as a honeymoon goes, they're still planning that! But one thing's for sure, they WILL stay in a bungalow on top of the water somewhere!
I love shooting engagement sessions before the wedding for several reasons, but I managed to narrow it down to five reasons.
1. The couple has nice photographs before they start getting busy with all the wedding planning...and life in general.
2. The couple has a chance to take creative photographs and just let loose...enjoying this time making memories.
3. You can also use the photographs for your actual wedding. Think Save the Date cards, wedding invitations, thank you cards, reception decorations, etc.
4. Practice! The big day is quickly approaching and an engagement session gives you practice being in front of the camera.
5. Meeting the photographer...and the photographer meeting you! Both parties get to know each other and begin to feel comfortable with one another BEFORE the wedding.